LCD Firmware Update - Unable to save to USB Stick

Discussion/questions about software used with your CNC Shark and programming issues

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

tspotorno

LCD Firmware Update - Unable to save to USB Stick

Post by tspotorno »

I'm having an annoying issue with the LCD firmware update. I can see the controller fine, using powered hub or straight to the pc. I have updated the firmware of the controller but need to update the firmware of the LCD screen so it recognizes the touchpad.

EVERY time it askes to install a USB stick, it comes back - FAILED unable to detect USB, try another and restart in Admin mode.

1. I am starting it in ADMIN mode, i.e. right click and select Run as Administratior
2. I've tried 4gb stick, 8gb stick, brand new Sandisk stick, reformatted (Quick and Long)
3. I've tried 2 different PC's, first one only had USB 3.0. Second PC had USB 2.0 ports and still would not detect USB stick......

Honestly, like the machine, HATE their software. Not sure why they do not ask you to select a specific drive letter you want to install the firmware on, almost like they just try to search thru all the drives.

Is there anyway to copy the firmware files to the drive directly????

Thanks.

Joseph Poirier

Re: LCD Firmware Update - Unable to save to USB Stick

Post by Joseph Poirier »

v3.02 Build 11 has an update for the Pendant Firmware update.

http://nextwaveautomation.com/Downloads ... P_v3.0.exe

Today we discovered the prior code was detecting some hidden drive partitions as specific drives, and yes, we were searching from D: through G: for flash drives. Now we are using a new Windows command to poll all removable drives and only checking those letters.