Laser Images on chc shark hd4

Discussion/questions about software used with your CNC Shark and programming issues

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

monitoringpost

Re: Laser Images on chc shark hd4

Post by monitoringpost »

Joseph Poirier wrote: It is the fastest Laser raster file generator in the entire world!
Last edited by monitoringpost on Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rando

Post by Rando »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm sensing success where before there was only frustration ;-).

What's odd, though, is that you have a shark with a frickin' laser on it's head...so why the Simpsons....shouldn't it be Austin Powers and Dr. Evil? :D.
=====================================================
ThomR.com Creative tools and photographic art
A proud member of the Pacific Northwest CNC Club (now on Facebook)

MosCustomWood

Post by MosCustomWood »

I spoke with NWA this morning and they sent me the link below to download their new Laser Raster program..... essentially it takes the image to laser feature from the Control Panel and makes it a stand alone program that enables you to save the tap file and load through the pendant. Works great!

http://nextwaveautomation.com/Downloads ... r_v3.0.exe

htpetrson

Post by htpetrson »

Ive downloaded the raster program and it saves the tap file but it wont show up available for either vcarve or pvc. How did you get it transfered to the pendant? did you have to save it directly to a thumb drive and not ever see a preview? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Rando

Post by Rando »

htpetrson:

The tap file is the GCODE output from VCarve; VCarve (and other CAD programs) generally cannot READ the GCode. But, I suspect you knew that.

If your system isn't recognizing/seeing the .tap file, chances are it's either in the wrong folder, it was created using a different (Windows) user account, or it really wants a different file extension, like .nc or something similar. That's often why the various things won't see it. Also, if you're going the flash-/thumb-drive route, it's best to keep the original file name in the old 8.3 format, so it will unambiguously identifiable to you.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Thom
=====================================================
ThomR.com Creative tools and photographic art
A proud member of the Pacific Northwest CNC Club (now on Facebook)

CharliesWoodStuff

Post by CharliesWoodStuff »

tpulley wrote:Here you go. I set mine up today. It was easier than I thought it would be. I used this file and it worked flawlessly. I cut two projects testing this new feature out.
I'm still waiting on delivery of my HD4 and laser. So I may be asking a question that'll be answered when I actually put it together...

The instructions you uploaded (and another post, I think) mention only the pendant. I want to use my laptop and the control panel software. Can I do that?

Grt520

Post by Grt520 »

Joe Poier, From where do you invoke your laser raster generator? I would like to give it a try.

tonydude

Post by tonydude »

http://shop.nextwaveautomation.com/shop ... x?recid=26
Check this out for your control panel

Tony
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.