ArtCam Training

Discussion/questions about software used with your CNC Shark and programming issues

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

xoneeleven

ArtCam Training

Post by xoneeleven »

Hello All,
I got an ArtCam 2017 license, and am brand new to the software.
Unfortunately, I need a little help learning how to use it for a specific project.

Are there any ArtCam users out there that would be willing to train me for a day or two over Skype or WebEx?
We can discuss details offline, if someone is interested.

If this is not a good forum for this post, does anyone know of a good forum to use to seek ArtCam training?

Thanks in advance...

Mark
Mark
CNC Shark HD3

Rando

Re: ArtCam Training

Post by Rando »

Mark:

This is not trying to push you away; we're here to help where we can.

Are you not finding what you need on the Artcam pages (http://www.artcam.com/standard/) and tutorials? AutoDesk usually (at least with Fusion) has unexpectedly good documentation and video tutorials.

But, I do recognize that not everyone likes watching endless youtube videos (me too!), and learning from them is, well, "less than optimal" ;-).

Hopefully someone else can help you directly, as well.

Regards,

Thom
=====================================================
ThomR.com Creative tools and photographic art
A proud member of the Pacific Northwest CNC Club (now on Facebook)

xoneeleven

Post by xoneeleven »

Hello Thom
We have gone that route, and are not having great luck, so far.

We have also tried Facebook groups. Although a few do try to assist. All they have been able to offer in terms of help, are actions that we have already tried.

So, I decided to reach out to individuals for a few hours of personal training, and offer to negotiate a fee to do so.

Mark
Mark
CNC Shark HD3

Rando

Post by Rando »

Thanks for doing the research before asking; sometimes it's difficult to tell whether the solution is one search away, and whether someone remembered to do that search first ;-).

If it's a 'point' problem you're stuck at, versus an 'area' problem that needs full-on training, feel free to inquire with the specifics, if you can. I suspect more than just me would download a trial and see if they can figure it out, just for the fun of it. Well, I'd HOPE they would :D. And if not, I'm certainly willing to give it a go, for exactly that reason. I like making machines bend to my evil will! :twisted:

Thom
=====================================================
ThomR.com Creative tools and photographic art
A proud member of the Pacific Northwest CNC Club (now on Facebook)

xoneeleven

Post by xoneeleven »

Thanks Thom,
We did manage to find someone to provide training from an Autodesk forum.

Mark
Mark
CNC Shark HD3