climb and conventional passes (CW-CCW)

Discussion/questions about software used with your CNC Shark and programming issues

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

albers

climb and conventional passes (CW-CCW)

Post by albers »

am using vectric to program some simple 2d geometric shapes and profiling them in wood. Want to make a finish pass clockwise (climb cutting) and an identical finish pass counterclockwise (conventional cutting. reason is that I/2 the cut is with the grain, and the other half is against the grain....looking for a little precision and accuracy. Can this be set up in Vectric Pro?

4DThinker

Re: climb and conventional passes (CW-CCW)

Post by 4DThinker »

You do have the options for climb or conventional with the profile tool path. I've found just about anything I want to do can be done in Vcarve, although it may take dividing the perimeter vector into more than one section and making separate tool paths for each.

Rando

Re: climb and conventional passes (CW-CCW)

Post by Rando »

IIRC, the easiest way is to make your standard toolpath in one direction, then right-click on the toolpath in the list, and choose duplicate, copy/paste, etc.. Change the direction (and name ;-) ) of the duplicate one and you're done. You should be able to even output the two paths in a single file and run them together, depending on whether your workflow includes that kind of thing :D.

Regards,

Thom
=====================================================
ThomR.com Creative tools and photographic art
A proud member of the Pacific Northwest CNC Club (now on Facebook)