V9

Discussion/questions about software used with your CNC Shark and programming issues

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

gpeck

V9

Post by gpeck »

Is V9 worth the money ??????

Rando

Re: V9

Post by Rando »

Hard to say so far, but honestly these more-than yearly updates are good to keep up with if you can. That way the updates keep coming, if you have problems it's fully supported, the file formats will be current and compatible with others, and it makes a big difference in whether the company will ever produce a NEXT version. I say keep things updated when possible, and when the benefit you get out of it is more than the cost. If you use it for a specific small set of features and your needs are fully met, then skipping an upgrade or two usually is fine. But, if it's your main, go-to design tool that you use whenever you do this kind of stuff, then you're probably better off staying current.

and, as they say...."in my opinion". I'd add humble to that, but that would be bragging ;-). Hahahaha....

Oh...and I do intend to update, if for no other reason to answer questions here with currently-valid information :D.

IIRC, with Vectric you can install the new-version demo in a different directory and do a full trial period and check it out. That might help with the decision.

Regards,

Thom
=====================================================
ThomR.com Creative tools and photographic art
A proud member of the Pacific Northwest CNC Club (now on Facebook)

SteveM

Re: V9

Post by SteveM »

The one thing Vectric is when you install the new version, you still have the other versions available to you. Each one can be used.
I have Desktop Pro 8.8, The full version 8.5 Pro and V9 Pro and the all work by selves.