TEXT ON MOLDING TOOLPATH

Discussion/questions about software used with your CNC Shark and programming issues

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

iowamulti

TEXT ON MOLDING TOOLPATH

Post by iowamulti »

I am creating a molded picture frame and want to put text on the frame. Tried the check box for toolpath to 3d and did not work. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Gary Thompson
Attachments
FRAME 1.crv
PICTURE FRAME
(555 KiB) Downloaded 326 times

iowamulti

Re: TEXT ON MOLDING TOOLPATH

Post by iowamulti »

Using V Carve Pro v9

tonydude

Post by tonydude »

It looks like your text size is too big. It overlaps the hump where the lettering goes. The width od=f that part of frame is not wide enough for the text.

Tony
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.

iowamulti

Post by iowamulti »

Thanks Tony

Changed the font to .5" and still did not work. I am looking for the text to follow the contour of the molding. Will I have to some way use the 3d toolpaths to make this work?

Kayvon

Post by Kayvon »

You can overlay text/design on a 3D form, but the molding isn't a 3D form so much as a 3D toolpath. I can't open your attachment from this computer, but if you import a 3d molding .stl rather than using the 3d molding tool, it'd probably work.

Bob

Post by Bob »

Gary,
This is how I deal with vcarving that is on a non-3D surface:
frame.bmp
Bob
"Focus"
Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek (Developer of the microscope.)

iowamulti

Post by iowamulti »

Thank you Kayvon and Bob. Being new to CNC and Vectric it looks like Bob's option will work the best for me. If there are any other suggestions, please let me know

Thanks again

Gary