Stopping at a position other than 0,0,0

Discussion/questions about software used with your CNC Shark and programming issues

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Rando

Re: Stopping at a position other than 0,0,0

Post by Rando »

gmm50:

The easiest way to do that is to just START running the toolpath from that "out of the way" place. As long as it doesn't hit the part or clamps on the way in/out, it works great that way. I use that all the time for multi-part runs. So, do your normal setting of X0, Y0 and Z0, then jog the head over and out of the way. Then run the toolpath from that location, assuming it will let you ;-). Also, I seem to recall a place in Vectric Vcarve where you can set a start location for a toolpath. Hmmm...

There are other methods that I use in the middle of a multi-feature toolpath, but the commands I use are very similar to yours. There was another thread recently about do a similar thing, where they needed to check precise tool depth setting. Hang on...found 'em. There were two threads that happened about the same time:

http://www.cncsharktalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5729
http://www.cncsharktalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5727

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Thom
=====================================================
ThomR.com Creative tools and photographic art
A proud member of the Pacific Northwest CNC Club (now on Facebook)

tonydude

Re: Stopping at a position other than 0,0,0

Post by tonydude »

George,

This is where you set the position to go to after it's done carving. It's in the toolpath folder on right side of screen. You tell the machine where u want the tool to go. see photo.

Tony
Attachments
here.JPG
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.