plunging Z depth

Discussion/questions about software used with your CNC Shark and programming issues

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

WEB

plunging Z depth

Post by WEB »

I have had my CNC Shark since 2013, I run V-Carve pro and using the CNCShark-USB 3D contour (inch) post processor.

The project I am working on is carving the standard 50-star union of the US Flag. I have done several of these in the past, but the last three I have started getting inconsistent results in the Z depth. As the router moves further away from the point of origin, the z depth increases, the latest I was carving is approximately 9" by 6 3/8".
The star nearest the point of origin is carving the proper depth of 1/16" but on the opposite side of the union the depth is ~ 1/4". As the depth increases, so does the width of the stars.

I have separate files for different size unions-the last two were different sizes and both are having this issue.

The router appears to be secured to the gantry and the table is not that far out of level. I contacted Vectric and they feel if the project preview is correct-everything is good with the software.

I am a hobbyist and have been able to avoid any issues thus far with the Shark.......any suggestions?

Bill in MI

tonydude

Re: plunging Z depth

Post by tonydude »

pp.JPG
(11.25 KiB) Not downloaded yet
I never use the 3D contour post processor, that is for 3D work. Use the arcs inch one. I've been using ny shark since about 10 yrs. Make sure your not hitting your upper z limit. That is how you lose position.

Tony
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.

Kayvon

Post by Kayvon »

Are you certain both your workpiece and spoilboard are completely flat with respect to your machine? One or both may need to be leveled again.

WEB

Post by WEB »

Tony;

Thanks for the help......that was my problem (wrong post processor). Up and running (accurately) again.

Bill

:D