Software changes

Discussion/questions about software used with your CNC Shark and programming issues

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

sparky1945

Software changes

Post by sparky1945 »

I am brand new to the Shark Pro Plus and have been watching videos and playing with the machine. For my first project I decided on what I thought would be very simple. I use a lot of quadrant type hinges http://www.woodcraft.com/Product/200345 ... Hinge.aspx so I wanted be able to use the shark to cut the inset and pocket hole in the a box lid and the inset on the box. I did this using 2 squares in an L configuration. One of the problems I had was each time I reopened the saved file and made a minor adjustment to a square (width and/or height) previewed and saved it it would look fine but the machine would ignore the changes and cut it out the same way as before the changes were made. I finally got what I wanted but I had to create a new file and redraw the squares with the desired changes. I'm thinking it is some little thing I'm not doing. This was done using V-carve.

Thanks,
sparky1945

Bob

Re: Software changes

Post by Bob »

Hey Sparky,
Whenever this happened to me it was because I saved the modified drawing, but forgot to save the toolpath (tap) changes. :oops:
Bob
"Focus"
Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek (Developer of the microscope.)

sparky1945

Post by sparky1945 »

Thanks Bob I'll see if that's what I did.

nstrong

Post by nstrong »

would you consider sharing the file you created to cut the hinges?

Bob

Post by Bob »

Sparky, or Me?
Bob
"Focus"

Bob

Post by Bob »

nstrong wrote:would you consider sharing the file you created to cut the hinges?
n,
Here's mine:
Bob
wooden hinge v4.crv
(3.3 MiB) Downloaded 322 times
"Focus"