Shark Anniversary Versus Laguna IQ or Axiom AutoRoute

How are other systems alike/different from the Shark?

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

pjblues

Shark Anniversary Versus Laguna IQ or Axiom AutoRoute

Post by pjblues »

Okay so today I went to WoodWerks in Columbus, Ohio to view the Laguna and Axiom. In my limited opinion and what I reviewed appear to be both more heavy duty than the Shark, even the anniversary model. The webbing on the Axiom table is heavy duty. Additionally, the enclosed ball screw is .625. The Laguna is very similar. The Axiom Basic can be purchased with a spindle or router. The Pro is spindle, the Laguna is spindle. Both have pendent controls meaning the computer does not have to be in the same room. The downside is the Axiom is a new product offering with not very many machines out to customers. Both machines are great but the price can be significantly higher than the Shark. The machines do not come with software or dust boot. So the Axiom starts at $3999 and the Laguna is on sale at Woodwerks for $5500.

After all of the above the Shark Anniversary model appears to be well worth the price of $3999. It includes everything you need including software, clamps, dust boot, touch off plate, etc. Apparently the new model is more heavy duty than the other models. For me, a hobby type person, this appears to be the one I will go with. There are plenty of people using them and this is a great forum. I would feel comfortable using the Shark and working with everyone on this forum.