Guitar Files

Share your Shark projects with other forum members!

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Forum rules
Do not post any files that violate copyright or licensing guidelines. Any post violating this rule will be deleted and the member may be banned from future use of cncsharktalk.
damauk

Guitar Files

Post by damauk »

I stumbled across this link in the "Official Luthiers Forum" CNC section and just thought I would pass the link along. The following link will take you to the curriculum page of a project that was funded by a grant from the National Science Foundation. If you click on the link titled "2011 Summer Guitars Models Design Files" you can download a .zip file with 6 different guitar models. They have DXF drawings, Vcarve files and several other formats. I don't know if they will fit on the Shark but they should work great on the Pro and Pro+.

http://www.guitarbuilding.org/#!curriculum

On this page there is also all of the coursework that they used to help them teach STEM principals through CNC and guitar building.

Thanks,

David

MaineSignGuy

Re: Guitar Files

Post by MaineSignGuy »

I know I'm bumping a ± 3 year old post, but I just want to say that this link is still very much alive. I'm actually thrilled to see a school in my home state (Maine) is active with this initiative. I searched for guitars on this site because we may get a chance to bid some contract manufacturing for a luthier looking for head stocks and other bits of guitars. We wanted to try one before we furthered the discussions, and wow - what an introduction to guitar building!

I did not see editable VCarve files in their download packet, but there are plenty of G-gode files that can likely be read and output by the Shark controller.

Happy guitar building!