Cutting board for a sink

Share your Shark projects with other forum members!

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Forum rules
Do not post any files that violate copyright or licensing guidelines. Any post violating this rule will be deleted and the member may be banned from future use of cncsharktalk.
JuniorBirdMan

Cutting board for a sink

Post by JuniorBirdMan »

I didn't plan to share this one because I thought it was a one-of-a-kind, but after being bribed with crawfish etouffe (I work cheap!) to make a few more for family members I happily discovered that sinks with these dimensions are fairly common. If the sink has an inside width of 14" with the radius in the corners of 2" then this will fit. This particular one is made up of hard maple, bloodwood, and walnut. Another had some cherry in it but was whisked away before I got a photo of it. The "finish" is a mix of mineral oil and beeswax, available at the big box home centers.
cutting board final version.crv
Vcarve 7.0
(350 KiB) Downloaded 910 times
Attachments
medium.jpg

Bob

Re: Cutting board for a sink

Post by Bob »

JBM
Thank you for posting the crv.
Nice simple clean design. My wife is going to love this.
And, after looking at your file, nice use of the fluting toolpath!
Bob

(My neighbor used to pay me with roasted peanuts. I asked for a raise. Now he pays me with cashews.)
"Focus"
Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek (Developer of the microscope.)

JuniorBirdMan

Re: Cutting board for a sink

Post by JuniorBirdMan »

Thanks, Bob. The one thing I wish I had added, but didn't think about until it was put into actual use, is a "finger groove" on each side to make it easier to lift from the sink. I also neglected to mention that I rounded off all the edges on the router table, but you've figured that out by now. :)