3D Oak Leaves, Acorns, and Branches

Share your Shark projects with other forum members!

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Forum rules
Do not post any files that violate copyright or licensing guidelines. Any post violating this rule will be deleted and the member may be banned from future use of cncsharktalk.
wostenberg

3D Oak Leaves, Acorns, and Branches

Post by wostenberg »

I have a CNC Shark Pro, using Cut 3D, VCarvePro, and PhotoVCarve.
I am working with the Schooner Bill of Rights in Chula Vista, CA.
The Trail Board that should dress the bow of the boat has a lot of missing parts and I am hoping someone can help me turn photos into what my CNC Shark Pro can carve new pieces.
I am still learning how to use my CNC Shark Pro, so I really need clear instructions.
Thank you all in advance.
I'm excited to see the results.
Chip
Attachments
Starboard Trailboard.jpg
Starboard Trailboard #1.jpg
Starboard Trailboard #2.jpg

bill z

Re: 3D Oak Leaves, Acorns, and Branches

Post by bill z »

I can help a little here because I have done something similar but on a smaller scale.
Probably several solutions. Here is mine.

Put a ruler or yard stick along side the figure you want to recreate. Take a picture as perpendicular as possible. Save that picture in your V-Carve computer as a Black and white BMP.

I use Aspire so I hope V-Carve has similar functions. Bring the BMP into your V-Carve as a B&W and select the option to create vectors using the drawing. Expand the drawing till the inches in the drawing match the ruler or yardstick.

Now to get the 3D affect, I’ll have to hand you over to someone that has done that. However there are tutorials on the Vectric site.

Maybe something like this --> http://support.vectric.com/tutorials/V8 ... _3DAS.html

Please keep us posted as to how you are resolving this.