Project File Sharing

Share your Shark projects with other forum members!

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Forum rules
Do not post any files that violate copyright or licensing guidelines. Any post violating this rule will be deleted and the member may be banned from future use of cncsharktalk.
jeb2cav
Site Admin

Project File Sharing

Post by jeb2cav »

Well, we asked and Al and the folks at Rockler listened - and acted. This is the area of the Shark Talk forum where folks can share their project. Please note the forum rules with regard to copyright and licensing of the content you may have in a project.

This area of the forum is able to accept an attachment up to 10 Mb in size. So, if your crv file is already less than that in size, you can attach and upload it as is. If your crv file is larger than that, you'll need to compress it. It'd probably be a good idea if when compressing, you used the .zip format as it is most common. If you don't have a file compression utility, there are a number of them available, just do a search for compression software.

I'd recommend that you think of a topic name that makes sense to someone who might find themselves thumbing through a large list, and include in the post a brief description of the project, what version of VCarve or Cut3D you used, and a picture would be great! Keep in mind that VCarve 5.5 cannot open a VCarve 6 file (VCarve 6 can open a VCarve 5.5 file). VCarve 6 cannot "save as" a VCarve 5.5 file either.

Bob

Re: Project File Sharing

Post by Bob »

Hi Joe,
I'm very grateful that we are now able to share files.
I've been playing around with a few files, and there is a way for VCarve 5.5 to open VCarve 6 files.
The method is to export your file as an .eps file from whatever version of VCarve you're using.
This method was recommended by Tony from Vectric.
Bob

This is the text of his note:

Hello Bob,

Afraid the only option is for version 6 files to be exported as an eps or dxf file that a version 5 user can use.

The options to save as older versions has been requested but it’s really not an option because the new versions will include vector, toolpath and other file data that simply cannot be represented in an older version because the code to support the new stuff is not available. Trying to squeeze new features back into an old version would result in data being lost, plus version 3 and 4 customers would also expect to be able to access new files = impossible to do.

I hope you can see our problem

Regards,

Tony McKenzie

Vectric Ltd.
"Focus"
Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek (Developer of the microscope.)

kb8jvw

Post by kb8jvw »

I just don't understand it. A lot of you post your work, but it seems that you don't want to share your files. I understand that some of you might want to sell them, but how about a bone or two for that aren't talented enough to come up with this stuff.
Just my 2 cents worth.
John :?

Bob

Post by Bob »

John,
A couple of thoughts:
1. A lot of the projects you see posted are copyrighted and can not be shared.
2. If you see a project that has been posted that you would like to try, just ask for a copy. That person will usually share their work, or let you know where to purchase the art work. If you would prefer to ask that person privately, just use the PM function and contact directly.
It's right over there ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
Bob
"Focus"
Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek (Developer of the microscope.)

Buc

Post by Buc »

John,

What are you looking for? There are Free project files posted by Vectric that Michael Tyler produced on the Vectric Forum that are really nice projects to work on and learn from. You can also learn finishing ideas from them. Bob has also posted a few project .CRV files that are nice. Let us know, maybe we can fix you up with a nice project to make.

Buc
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Thomas A. Edison

The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday

mazzy

Post by mazzy »

I really like the dragon design. The only place I have found that offers this design is through http://www.vectric.com/WebSite/Vectric/ ... llery2.htm. But I think it is only offered to owners of Aspire. Is there any other way of being able to use this file? Or a similar one?

Mazzy

sk8nmike

Post by sk8nmike »

The dragon from Aspire is copyrigthed even though it's given as a Free design with Aspire you're still bound by the right to use agreements. I have a few dragons that I will share, but I don't beleive that V-Carve can open them. V-Carve accepts Vector file formats but not any of the 3D formats (STL, OBJ, 3DS and such) nor will it convert a grayscale/height map. If I'm wrong let me know what format you can use and I'll post one.

tmerrill

Post by tmerrill »

Mazzy,

You can purchase and download that dragon model directly from the Vector Art 3D site:

http://www.vectorart3d.com/store/index. ... l&ID=50234

If you don't have Cut3D you can download the free 3D Machinist program from the same site and machine it directly or prepare toolpaths that can be brought into V-Carve Pro or Cut2D to be included with a larger project.

If you are looking for quality vectors that can be v-carved this site is a very good source:

http://www.vectorart.com/store/index.cf ... maxrows=28

Tim

pate

Post by pate »

Does any one have a dxf file of linen fold panel design?

tonydude

Post by tonydude »

Pate,

There is a file on the Vectric forum.

Tony
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.