Shark Pro HD Tank

Discussion about the CNC Shark Pro Plus HD

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

ohiococonut

Shark Pro HD Tank

Post by ohiococonut »

I bought my Shark in Feb. of this year and I'm having a blast! I haven't shown any pictures so I thought I'd start with the tank enclosure. I love the idea!

You can't see it in the picture but the controller is housed in a box just under the table on the left side with a computer fan on the side to keep it cool. The slot in the back of the tank is where I attached a broom sweep to hook up my dust collector. On the front just above the shark sign are holes drilled in the plexiglass to allow air in. I was hoping the dust would sweep straight across the table but it doesn't work out all that well. Since most of it collects on the sides I'm going to modify it and put two slots in the table on either side of the Shark table.
Del

"It's not what you take when you leave this world behind you, it's what you leave behind you when you go."

Shipfitter

Re: Shark Pro HD Tank

Post by Shipfitter »

Pretty fancy shamancy. You must like the side windows. I only placed a view port on the front of mine. I was to anxious to keep cutting :) I love my shark tank. I want to place a small fan with exhaust tube inside of mine to elimanate smoke from my tool bits (when they get dull)(I'm cheep). Gotta love the way it keeps all the dust contained.

winbrayer

Post by winbrayer »

Does anyone make tanks for those of us not so skilled? I would like to buy a sawdust containment system.

winbrayer

Post by winbrayer »

Does anyone make tanks for those of us not so skilled? I would like to buy a sawdust containment system.

ohiococonut

Post by ohiococonut »

The side windows let me view it's progress as I'm sitting off to the left creating another project. I now have two goose neck lamps mounted so they project light in from the top sides as well. The top window lets me look straight down too. The shelf on the left has a large flat screen TV hooked up to my laptop so I get a much clearer and larger image of what I'm trying to create. I'm pretty satisfied with the way thing are set up right now.

I don't know of anyone that makes this type of wooden cabinet but I'm sure someone would for a price. Mine is pretty simple. It's one full sheet of 3/8" plywood cut and biscuit joined. The Plexiglas, screws and washers came from Lowes. The washers are actually sink repair washers which were much cheaper than buying a standard rubber washer. I stuck the Plexiglas on with clear silicon and used them to keep the Plexiglas from cracking. The white paint inside obviously brightens things up making it easier to see ;)
Del

"It's not what you take when you leave this world behind you, it's what you leave behind you when you go."

baby15

Post by baby15 »

ohiococonut wrote:I bought my Shark in Feb. of this year and I'm having a blast! I haven't shown any pictures so I thought I'd start with the tank enclosure. I love the idea!

You can't see it in the picture but the controller is housed in a box just under the table on the left side with a computer fan on the side to keep it cool. The slot in the back of the tank is where I attached a broom sweep to hook up my dust collector. On the front just above the shark sign are holes drilled in the plexiglass to allow air in. I was hoping the dust would sweep straight across the table but it doesn't work out all that well. Since most of it collects on the sides I'm going to modify it and put two slots in the table on either side of the Shark table.
nice