Touch Plate - Here's An Idea ...

Discussion about the CNC Shark Pro Plus HD

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

McBuster

Touch Plate - Here's An Idea ...

Post by McBuster »

Here is an idea for making this easier to use. Courtesy Dave of Rockler Maplewood Mn.

This would require making a new cord for the plate. But, not hard to do, just keep the connector polarity correct.

Get the two plugs needed and some speaker wire. Then, instead of a pigtail at the end like now, run a wire from the control box up to the router itself. Then, if you have Sam's billet clamp, loosen a nut for it and with a proper connector crimped on the end of the wire, slip it under the nut and tighten. Or, loosen the plastic clamp and tuck in next to the router body. Or, any other screw/nut/bolt that makes contact with the body of the router somewhere.

Now, all you need do is place the plate on your workpiece, tap the Button, and how could it get much easier.

Worried of feedback etc from the 120v? Well, the same circuit is made with the magnet. I suppose another concern might be the conducting properties of the ball bearing etc. I do not know the voltage involved, but I would believe, it is not much but will make it thru the works just fine.

Jon ...
Woodbury Mn
Jon ...
Woodbury Mn