16 bit image carve

Discussion about the CNC Shark Pro Plus HD

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

radman

16 bit image carve

Post by radman »

Hello everyone. I am really thankful for all the helpful information provided on this forum. I hope to be able to contribute one day soon. Right now my Grandsons are enamored with Minecraft. One of them would like a set of Minecraft swords carved into his Headboard. I was thinking maybe a weave but I am unsure as I am still a nubie with Aspire. Besides working better from already drawn plans. So any help would be appreciated and I will post the final result.
This is what the sword looks like:
Attachments
Minecraft swords.jpg
(16.79 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Carving for the Grandkids!!

CNC Shark Pro HD, VCarve Pro, Cut 3d, Vectric Art 3d Machinist

AZRoger

Re: 16 bit image carve

Post by AZRoger »

Radman,
There might be a problem with the .jpg you attached to your post. It's supposed to be 16 Kilo Bytes. But it looks like an Icon that's 16 pixels by 16 pixels.
It also says it is in a state "Not downloaded yet". I looked at it a couple times and came back to this thread and it still is "Not downloaded yet". :?
An image with more detail would be a good starting point. And how are the various swords different from each other - or is the set just multiples of the same sword?
I have no grand kids and our kids moved out long ago. I have no experience with Minecraft. :)
Roger

tonydude

Post by tonydude »

Radman,

You cannot do anything with that pic because it is not a high res picture. Not enough details to do anything with it.

Tony
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.

radman

Post by radman »

Sorry I have been away and not gotten to get back to my project. Yes the image of the sword is what it is, blocks or bits. This Minecraft world is a place of building things similar to Lego Blocks. Perhaps this picture will help. I am not sure why the sword file says not downloaded as it is there when you open it.
Tom
Attachments
ea12_minecraft_sword.jpg
(10.56 KiB) Not downloaded yet
21726_minecraft.jpg

drueth

Post by drueth »

Radman

The shape of the sword is a very simple shape, I am sure you could draw it out in Vcarve or Aspire in 10 minutes. You could run a V bit to outline all the blocks and than paint the blocks all different colors or you could do it as an inlay with different color woods.

Let us know which way you want to go.
drueth
Shark Pro Plus HD
new to CNC 12/2012

radman

Post by radman »

Thank you drueth. I will give it a try.
Tom