Feeds and Speeds

Discussion about the CNC Shark Pro Plus HD

Moderators: sbk, al wolford

Feeds and Speeds

Postby OCEdesigns » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:27 am

Does anyone have a simple basic guide (chart) to feeds and speeds? I'm looking for some basic starting points. I know there are many variables and I will be learning them as I go and I plan on doing something like an Excel sheet to track it all. I'm just hoping to reduce my learning curve. My Google skills may be off because I didn't find too much info. I did see the CNCcookbook site but that looks like they go way too deep into it. I may be wrong.
If it matters I am using the water cooled spindle with my HD4 Extended.
Newbie with a Shark HD4 EB
OCEdesigns

Re: Feeds and Speeds

Postby bill z » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:33 am

I've asked a couple of but manufactures and others for suggestions on feeds and speeds but all I get is nothing also.

I was thinking it had to do with the grade of alloy steel in the bit.

Maybe, no one wants to be liable should something go wrong when setting up to specific values.

Just so you know, you are not alone in your quest. Maybe misery would like some company.
bill z

Re: Feeds and Speeds

Postby OCEdesigns » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:42 am

bill z wrote:I've asked a couple of but manufactures and others for suggestions on feeds and speeds but all I get is nothing also.

I was thinking it had to do with the grade of alloy steel in the bit.

Maybe, no one wants to be liable should something go wrong when setting up to specific values.

Just so you know, you are not alone in your quest. Maybe misery would like some company.

LOL... Kind of what I expected. As soon as I get mt starting point figured out I'll just start my own chart.
Newbie with a Shark HD4 EB
OCEdesigns

Return to CNC Shark Pro Plus HD