Wrecking my Brain

Discussion about the CNC Shark Pro Plus HD

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

terryz854

Wrecking my Brain

Post by terryz854 »

I am in the process of making US Flags with the pledge of Allegiance on the front and am having an issue making the stars. I use an RCK-360 v-bit for the stars and have used a quarter inch mill bit and a ball nose bit to clear out the flat areas between the stars. But both the end mill and the ball nose leave a lot of materials around the stars which I have to go in with a chisel and clean up. Picture attached. anyone have any ideas how I can get the machine to clean up these areas?
Attachments
Flag Stars.jpg

bill z

Re: Wrecking my Brain

Post by bill z »

I haven't done what you are doing, but I once made a plaque with raised lettering and large sections were blank (had to be cut down to level below raised lettering). To do this I had to end mill cut out between the letters.

Within my software, I drew out a pattern so the clearing cut and the lettering cuts would not interfere with each other.

Yes, it was an extra step but it worked.

Hope this helped.

sk8nmike

Post by sk8nmike »

without seeing your path files I would guess that you're using too large of a bit. The bit you use should pass between the closest points of the stars. I've used bits as small as .75mm, the to using them is very slow plunge, shallow cuts (half the diameter for depth and pass or smaller). Use larger bits to clear the bigger areas

Bob

Post by Bob »

Terry,
Would you be willing to post your crv file?
Or, at least screen shots of your settings.
Bob
"Focus"
Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek (Developer of the microscope.)