New Shark Control Panel - HD Users Should Install It

Discussion about the CNC Shark Pro Plus HD

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

jeb2cav
Site Admin

New Shark Control Panel - HD Users Should Install It

Post by jeb2cav »

Hi Folks,

NWA just released a new version of the Shark Control Panel - http://www.nextwaveautomation.com/Downl ... .0.23d.exe. It corrects a defect in the control panel software that directly affects the performance of the Shark ProPlus HD. I'd encourage you to download and install this. Those of you who have reported jerky motions of the gantry, regardless of the feed or plunge rate, should find this is no longer present. Carving total time is not affected (and even if it was, the outcome would be poor without this change).

1.5.0.23d has no value over 23c for non-HD owners. It is fine to install and use, but there is no need to rush out and install it as having the latest and greatest in your case is no different than the previous (23c) version.

mdcavanaugh

Re: New Shark Control Panel - HD Users Should Install It

Post by mdcavanaugh »

Joe,

In the download instructions it has a "download this first" thing that is already there with my previous version. Should we do it anyway? Should we uninstall first?

Mike

jeb2cav
Site Admin

Post by jeb2cav »

Hi Mike,

Nope. Once the vcredist.exe is installed on your computer you don't have to repeat it. You can just run the 'new' version of the Shark Control Panel installer.

BobA

Post by BobA »

Hi Joe,

I currently have Version 23c installed and it is working fine. Each time I open the control panel I get the message that a Newer version is available. I know I don't have to install but I get control 5 error and unable to install on my XP computer. Any ideas. I have download and tried to install several times. Same message after about 3/4 of install process.

Bob

jeb2cav
Site Admin

Post by jeb2cav »

Hi Bob,

If I followed that (getting old here) - you have 23c, the new version message is irritating, and so your trying to install 23d, but get a control error 5...

No idea what that is - but, I'd try 2 things:

1. Run windows update and update the computer (sometimes the windows installer package gets updated).

2. Download the Shark Control Panel installer again and try the 'new one'. Maybe some free electrons.

Let me know if either resolves it. For what it's worth I didn't see this on my XP box - but doesn't mean there's not something else out there.

BobA

Post by BobA »

Joe,

Computer has all current updates. Downloaded 23D again and tried installing. Like I said I get 3/4's way thru install and get error message. I tried installing before opening control panel 23C and again with 23c open. Error message is same.

Thanks,
Bob

Avenroot

Post by Avenroot »

BobA wrote:Joe,

Computer has all current updates. Downloaded 23D again and tried installing. Like I said I get 3/4's way thru install and get error message. I tried installing before opening control panel 23C and again with 23c open. Error message is same.

Thanks,
Bob
Bob.. can you send me a screenshot of this error message.. you can send it to ddill@nextwaveautomation.com

Thanks!

jeb2cav
Site Admin

Post by jeb2cav »

Hi Bob,

One other thing that I didn't mention or raise up - I've found that installation seems to run better on an XP box when I have the Control Box turned off. I can understand that with regard to the usb dll installation process on XP.

In the mean time - hopefully the screenshot you send to Dana will generate some ideas.

mdcavanaugh

Post by mdcavanaugh »

I have XP also and got the same error AND all my drivers are up to date. Install failed error code 5

drice

Post by drice »

this update made a huge differance how my hd runs. alot smoother
Dan