What is the minimum shop footprint required for Pro Plus HD?

Discussion about the CNC Shark Pro Plus HD

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

alanahle

What is the minimum shop footprint required for Pro Plus HD?

Post by alanahle »

What is the minimum footprint/area needed to install a Pro Plus HD machine in a shop? Also what type of table is needed to mount/support the cnc machine and are there table plans anywhere that can be used to make a table for supporting a Shark Pro Plus HD machine?

Eagle55

Re: What is the minimum shop footprint required for Pro Plus

Post by Eagle55 »

I've been planning my table idea for a good long while but wanted to use it where I have it temp set up till I got the feel of it. I think that a good solid 3' x 3' would be reasonable plus what every you needed for the computer and control box to sit on. I'm going to build a roll-around table for mine that will be built out of 2" round steel tubing and 2"x2" square tubing with a 1 1/2" plywood top. Its gonna be a little on the heavy side but I think its need for a stable surface. I will likely have drop down feet to make it solid where I put it and raise them to be able to roll around. Maybe not the direction that you will want to take but gives you an idea.

Roger
CNC Shark HD ~ Control Panel 2.0 ~ Windows 7 & XP
Located in West Tennessee near the Tennessee River
http://www.eaglecarver4.com

wolffie

Post by wolffie »

I have mine sitting on the bottom half of an old wall oven cabinet which has been put on wheels so I can roll it away from the wall for cleaning.
The doors and the shelves are handy for all the bits and pieces I use for the Shark.
The Shark is sitting on a non-slip mat and it never moves while I am cutting.
The doors of the cabinet are facing the side of the Shark and we have added a lift-up shelf on the front for the laptop sand controlbox plus the pieces I am using for the current project.
I have added an enclosure (Shark Tank) with clear perspex windows in the front and sides, to keep the dust in a confined space instead of in my lungs and to keep the noise down (it makes a difference of about 10 db).
The front and back are hinged so they can be opened for cleaning.
I have added dust extraction but it doesn't seem to do much good and adds extra noise, so I hardly ever use it.
The air movement created from the router keep the material dust free and when I am finished I lift up the front and back doors of the enclosure, then give the whole contraption a good run over with the shop vac.
I do not run the shop vac while I am cutting.
1) it is noisy
and
2) it is not designed to run continuously for a long time.

Cheers
Wolffie
I am never going to die, I live in Paradise already

jeb2cav
Site Admin

Post by jeb2cav »

In case you haven't run across this post - http://cncsharktalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1137. You can also do a search for 'tank' or enclosure and find a number of posts.

The footprint dimensions of each of the Shark models can be found in the back of the Shark Owner's Manual. You can grab a copy from the NWA Downloads page.

wolffie

Post by wolffie »

What the manual doesn't tell you is that the router actually runs about 3 inches in front of the table at full forward.

This has to be taken into consideration when building a "Shark Tank"

Cheers
Wolffie
I am never going to die, I live in Paradise already