X Axis Is Traveling

Discussion about the CNC Shark Pro Plus HD

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Shipfitter

Re: X Axis Is Traveling

Post by Shipfitter »

I normally line up with the Y axis or slots. Table is pretty square to the gantry. Doesn't matter to much in my case because I do allow enough stock in the plate to accept any deviance. I do setup one axis or another though, just in case there is an emergency and have to align the material back up for a setup proceedure.
tonydude wrote:Shipfitter

How are you lining up your material on the bed? The bed of the shark may not be square to the gantry so do not line up material with the edge of the slots on the bed. Here is an article that was posted back in sept. about play in the x axis.

http://www.cncsharktalk.com/viewtopic.p ... 486#p10486

Might be of help.

Tony

Shipfitter

Post by Shipfitter »

What exactly are we testing when we do this proceedure below? The servos? Could you explain please. Still learning.
drueth wrote:Shipfitter
One quick check to see if there is play in any one of the drive motors. is With the controlller on and power to the stepper motors can you turn the X or Y or Z worm drive BY HAND ( do not use any tool only your fingers) it should not have any play in it.

tonydude

Post by tonydude »

Shipfitter,

There shouldn't be any play what so ever when you turn the worm drives. There are no servos they have stepper motors. Just making sure the couplings are securely tight no play and the motorsdon't move.

Tony
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.