Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

davhig

vcarve

Post by davhig »

can't get a decent vcarve

4DThinker

Re: vcarve

Post by 4DThinker »

Can you be more specific about what you are unhappy with? Some flaws can be fixed with slower feed rates, smaller pass setting, and newer sharper v-bits. Some materials VCarve better than others as well.

davhig

Post by davhig »

004.JPG

davhig

Post by davhig »

002.JPG
Any Ideas??

davhig

Post by davhig »

To me the problem is with the controller although I am running the latest software,1.5.0.23g.exe. No matter what program I use:Aspire 3.5,Vcarvepro 6.5,Cut 3d,or Artcam insignia,I still get the same results.

4DThinker

Post by 4DThinker »

Thanks for posting the examples. If they are the result of VCarving in a truetype text font, then I agree something is seriously wrong. The Shark has some play, and will allow a bit to wander some if the bit is dull and/or being fed too fast. You can also get poor results if the material isn't held down tight. I'm not sure what material it is you've cut into, (laminate over plywood?) but you might try the same cuts on a scrap of poplar or MDF.

These are just guesses. It would help if you post your CRV and TAP files.

drueth

Post by drueth »

davhig

The problem I have with looking at a letter is there is an endless number of fonts and I have noidea what it should look like. With that said looking at your examples I would have to say something is not right. Can I sugest you lay out a 1.5 in square with a 1 in square inside the larger square. With the bit you used to do the above cuts do a V-Carve tool path with A ---FLAT DEPTH ---- set to 0.125 BE SURE you set the flate depth. once you have done the cut measure the depth of the cut IF it is not 0.125 you need to look at how you set Z 0. IF the depth of cut is 0.125 measure how the size of the 1.5 and 1 in squares IF the 1.5 is smaller and the 1.0 is larger that the bit you are using is NOT what you think it is IE you have a 90 V bit and that is what it is set to in VCarve BUT it is realy a 85 deg V bit. IF the larger square is greater than 1.5 and the smaller square is less than 1.0 then your bit angle/dia is larger than what you belive it to be. I have found the angle is under on most of the Vbit I have and the dia is under on most of the endmills I have. IF the corner of the square look wrong it may be that the bit has a arc in the blade. These are some of the issue I have found with cheaper bits.
drueth
Shark Pro Plus HD
new to CNC 12/2012

davhig

Post by davhig »

TANKS GUYS FOR THE POSTS;I had a talk and a chat with nextwaveautomation support. After uploading the same pics,it was decided the Y screw was slipping. After tightening the set screw , I now have a good carve.

gordread

Post by gordread »

Great news Davhig.