virtual zero

Discussion about the CNC Shark Pro Plus HD

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

gpeck

virtual zero

Post by gpeck »

Is their a manual on the virtual zero sit up and how to use it? I thought I had everything set up to use the virtutal zero on a project that I knew was not level, when I clicked the start button the router went to the lower left like it said it would but it did not stop and it hit all 3 axes with a thumping noise, so I hit the emergency botton to stop it and it shut down, what did I do wrong??? I hope I did not hurt the machine with it thumping like that.

4DThinker

Re: virtual zero

Post by 4DThinker »

You have to have your tap file loaded. Then set the home position for X,Y, and Z. From that point on the controller will know where the 4 corners of your project board are and go right to those corners for a Z measurement when you start the Virtual routine. Bottom left, bottom right, top right, top left, then back to 0,0 for a final check. Be sure and remove the touch plate after the check at 0,0 as once you continue the bit will drop to 0,0,0.

Ronwoodson2

Post by Ronwoodson2 »

I do not see it now on Nextwave' site , but I downloaded a Users Manual for v2.0 when I got the software. It explains how to set up and operate the Virtual Zero. With the software running,
go to File->Preferences->Border. If you enter 3, and if you work in inches, the software will take its measurements three inches toward the center from both the X and Y axes. This allows
for clamps and jigs.
Ron Woodson
Somerset ,Ky
Ronwoodson2@aol.com

kenypete

Post by kenypete »

Here is where I downloaded the manual for 2.0
http://www.nextwaveautomation.com/Downl ... Manual.pdf

Ken