laser

Discussion about the CNC Shark Pro Plus HD

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

NewAgent45

Re: laser

Post by NewAgent45 »

Thom
If I'm hearing you right the interface will no work right in my machine (control intensity of the laser. I have a "Black Doamond Series" machine which I believe is the same as HD2.

If this is the case I will delay untill there is an option that works right.

I guess I must have missed this. I would be nice if NWA would give us these details.

Thanks and have a great day!

... Rod

Rando

Post by Rando »

Yeah, I was thinking about that adapter this morning, too. They want you to open the controller box, pop the connector to the router (solid state) relay, and put on the connector to control the laser. And then mount the laser into the router's chuck. Okay, yay...seems simple enough...but what are they expecting when you're done with the laser? You have to open the case AGAIN and swap the connectors just to get your router back working? Seems like maybe a switch was in order. Maybe I'm missing something and didn't ask the right questions when I called NWA tech support, but it sure SEEMS excessively complicated....to me ;-) .
=====================================================
ThomR.com Creative tools and photographic art
A proud member of the Pacific Northwest CNC Club (now on Facebook)

NWASupport

Post by NWASupport »

Rando wrote:Yeah, I was thinking about that adapter this morning, too. They want you to open the controller box, pop the connector to the router (solid state) relay, and put on the connector to control the laser. And then mount the laser into the router's chuck. Okay, yay...seems simple enough...but what are they expecting when you're done with the laser? You have to open the case AGAIN and swap the connectors just to get your router back working? Seems like maybe a switch was in order. Maybe I'm missing something and didn't ask the right questions when I called NWA tech support, but it sure SEEMS excessively complicated....to me ;-) .

Hi Thom,

Great question. Once the laser adapter is installed inside the Shark Control box, there is no need to open the box again. During installation, a plug is added that allows for quick changes between laser functionality and standard machining. Swapping the laser out of the chuck and starting a standard run is as uncomplicated as a tool change.

Thanks,
Next Wave Automation Technical Support

Rando

Post by Rando »

NWASupport wrote: Hi Thom,

Great question. Once the laser adapter is installed inside the Shark Control box, there is no need to open the box again. During installation, a plug is added that allows for quick changes between laser functionality and standard machining. Swapping the laser out of the chuck and starting a standard run is as uncomplicated as a tool change.

Thanks,
Next Wave Automation Technical Support
Thanks! Good information, thanks for clarifying.
=====================================================
ThomR.com Creative tools and photographic art
A proud member of the Pacific Northwest CNC Club (now on Facebook)