Adding bits to the tool database

Discussion about the CNC Shark Pro Plus HD

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

terryz854

Adding bits to the tool database

Post by terryz854 »

So it looks like I'll set tomorrow aside to figure out how to add tools to the tools database. I've had my Shark CNC HD machine about three weeks and just today received my Amana In-Groove CNC Engraving system, Model Nr. AMS-209. Naming the tool is easy, it's the rest that has me stumped. Anyone offer any advice? I have the tutorials open behind my browser ready to spend the day getting "educated". Thanks in advance.

terryz854

Re: Adding bits to the tool database

Post by terryz854 »

Here's my issue: I purchased the Amana Tool CNC In-Groove Engraving system. It has a 1/2" shaft with interchangeable knives. It's adding those knives to the tool database. If you query this tool kit on the internet you'll see all the different profiles. THAT'S the problem I'm having. Figuring out how to enter the profiles. The straight ones are easy, it's those other buggers. Thanks.

Buc

Re: Adding bits to the tool database

Post by Buc »

Some reading here on the amana bit set. http://forum.vectric.com/search.php?key ... fb820f7aed

Here are my exported amana tool data list. I'm not saying i'm right or wrong, this is the data I use. I v-carve and do 3D with the Amana bits. Hope this is of help to you.

poor ole Buc
Attachments
Amana in groove.7z
amana tool data
(2.12 KiB) Downloaded 257 times
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Thomas A. Edison

The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday