shark slimeline HD w/Vert zero and dust boot

Discussion about the CNC Shark Pro Plus HD

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

TAW

shark slimeline HD w/Vert zero and dust boot

Post by TAW »

I got my shark about a month ago. I love it. And so does my wife.....now.
I finally did a carve in oak for our granddaughters picnic style kids size table. Carved both bench tops with sayings and the abc’s /123’s.
What difference craving hardwood vs pine and mdf and mdf shelving. I have made a few growth charts and Hawks signs for a benefit.
But when I showed the wife the fresh carve in oak…… she said she was so glad I got it….. “told her I was selling the jeep and was going to get A wood tool”. She was not too keen on it as first.
I will post pics later.
I have had no trouble with it except learning everyday with it.
My biggest thing I have going for me it my wife is graphic designer by trade and has helped design mots of what I have carved.
Getting the first carve done without throwing something was very difficult!!
The virtual zero is great and dust boot works fine.
Router has not moved yet(knock on wood). It does have a top and bottom plastic clamp – I put witness marks on it to see if moving.
Love the longer bed for signs without having to tile them. Tiling it not that hard- I was over thinking it. Still very green and have not even come close to what the Shark can do yet. Love all the post of others projects.
Attachments
IMG_20151123_194038225.jpg

bill z

Re: shark slimeline HD w/Vert zero and dust boot

Post by bill z »

TAW

Welcome to the forum.

I’m also a new member and got my Shark HD Pro some 8 weeks ago. My wife was not impressed with the money I spent but after she saw some of the name plaques I made for the grand children and super hero logos I made for the grand-sons, she is convinced that it will be worth the money after I retire (give me something to do). She is still not too keen on me buying $30 and $75 here and there for bits.

I have oak and walnut but have not cut any yet.

Just like you, I’m still learning the Aspire software (Like learning Excel all over again).

My grand-son wants a 3D carving of the Silver Surfer. Really challenging me at this stage. Something to shoot for.

Again, welcome.

TAW

Re: shark slimeline HD w/Vert zero and dust boot

Post by TAW »

Hi Bill Z, yes I had an od jeep cj7 I was putting money into and told the wife I am selling for some wood tool..... she said you mean tools -"no just one real expensive one" :-) yes after got the benches carved she told me she was really happy I got it. I too plan on keep use in retirement ( 6 more yrs).
I think your only limited to what you want to try p- it may not turn out first time but that's what scrap wood is for.
I know I have only scratch the surface of what can be done with it.
I have had no trouble yet with it that was not my lack of knowledge of the machine or software.
I am lucky I have in house graphic designer = wife. good luck Bill z