Shark HD3 Extended bed

Discussion about the CNC Shark Pro Plus HD

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

misterx

Shark HD3 Extended bed

Post by misterx »

Hi, I am thinking about getting the HD3 extended bed shark. Does anyone that has one have any problems with it? I have the pro plus now, and want another one and don't know if I should get the HD3 or the extended bed Thanks

meb

Re: Shark HD3 Extended bed

Post by meb »

If you are upgrading and want to stay with the CNC Shark line I would go for the extended bed because it gives you the extra length so you don't have to tile long jobs or you can have a job running on one end and be setting up another job on the other end at the same time.

I know 2 people with the new extended bed machines and I like the machine.

sharkcutup

Re: Shark HD3 Extended bed

Post by sharkcutup »

I have had the Shark Extended Bed model now for a little over a week and I am enjoying it. I have have taken the liberty of going with the water-cooled spindle which runs great by the way. The only thing I am not happy with in this setup is that the control panel for the CNC is a separate entity from the water-cooled spindle. What that means is that hitting the e-stop on the control panel does not stop/disable spindle you have to cut it off after hitting the e-stop on the control panel. I have contacted Next Wave Automation about this and they have told me that the control panel will be modified/changed in the future to incorporate the water-cooled spindle. When using an standard router it plugs into the back of the control-panel so when you hit the e-stop everything ceases to operate (total power shut down to CNC and router -- of course computer and (in my situation the pump to water-cooled spindles continues to run) because they are also on a separate outlet). I am in the process of remedying my situation.

Only two other things I have in my situation is I am operating this machine in a 21' x 10' room (limited space). Be sure you have plenty of room for that size machine table. And the other it is in such a small room the noise from the vacuum (which is the most noise) and the cutting in tremendous I would highly recommend wearing hearing protection. I am also in the process of remedying the vacuum so that it is outside with hose running to the inside.

Hope that this helps you in your decision process!

Have a GREAT DAY!!!
V-Carve Pro Tips, Gadget Tips & Videos
YouTube Channel - Sharkcutup CNC
V-Carve Pro 11.554