shows one file on screen but wants to run previosly ran file

Discussion about the CNC Shark Pro Plus HD

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

TAW

shows one file on screen but wants to run previosly ran file

Post by TAW »

getting file from (recent or favorites)
found that if I go from one tap file to another from either recent or favorites- that the screen was changing to the NEW wanted tap file BUT was not loading it.... was actually going to run the previously ran tap file?????? work around was to open the file from (all documents) and not from favs or recent used.
I notice that the file load bar (green) had not popped up and had slowed the run down to %25 so to see where it was going to start carve. was going from same job - one tool path 3d other cut out profile.
after doing 3 d and switching to profile- profile carve pic was on screen but the 3 d tap was what it wanted to run. Now I now what happened 4 month ago when I swore it showed one thing and carved another!!!!!!!!
have emailed Vectric to see if they have others with same issue or software update?

SamPris

Re: shows one file on screen but wants to run previosly ran

Post by SamPris »

Question. are you sending the gcode/tap file directly to your machine?
Frank

TAW

Post by TAW »

no - just saving to docs. Next wave is looking into it. for now I just go from all doc files.

SamPris

Post by SamPris »

File naming
File naming
Try using unique toolpath names when saving the file. this way you can isolate any issues that arise. Everyone does it differently the attached image shows what works for me. All I need to verify if its correct is name and date it was saved.

Hope that helps

Frank