.TAP file for the Piranha

Discussion about the CNC Shark Pro Plus HD

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

bill z

.TAP file for the Piranha

Post by bill z »

I would like to share one of my projects with a local Piranha user.

If I have a .TAP file for a project smaller than 12 X 12 inches that works on my Shark HD, will that same .TAP work on a Piranha or will I have to create a different .TAP?

Problem is, my version of Aspire doesn’t know about the Piranhas.

Also, I don't want to wreck his Piranha with a 'try it and see'.

rsetina

Re: .TAP file for the Piranha

Post by rsetina »

I believe you need to create a new tap file for the piranha. Each tap file is configured to a particular machine and the shark post processor won't work the same as it does on piranha. I may be wrong since both machines come from the same manufacturer. I'd look to see if there a post processor for the piranha. Why don't you just send him the project file and let him create the tap file?
Rick

bill z

Post by bill z »

Thanks rwetina. The next question is HOW.

I shot off an email to NWA and they got back with me saying that they have a program that will convert Shark .TAPs to Piranha .TAP files.

Here is what they said.

You would have to generate the .tap file with a Piranha Post Processor for it to work on his machine. You can download the Piranha Post Processor from our website here: http://shop.nextwaveautomation.com/shop ... x?recid=29

I have not tried this Post P with Aspire yet but it works fine on V-Carve 8. If it doesn't work with it, it will let you know immediately when you start up the software. All you would need to do is take the .pp file downloaded from the website and input it into the MyPostP folder for Aspire.

The CNC Piranha FX Post Processor Arcs is the one that you would want to use for general carving.

I will be testing this week sometime when we both have a moment.

rsetina

Post by rsetina »

Good luck with the download. Let us know how it works out. If it worked with V-Carve it should work with Aspire. Aren't both programs basically the same, it's just that Aspire does more?
Rick