not removing all material in 3D cut.

Discussion about the CNC Shark Pro Plus HD

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

chessman789

not removing all material in 3D cut.

Post by chessman789 »

I just got my shark HD Pro and set it up. (I hope properly) I was trying a practice piece using the 3D coat of arms that came with the V-Carve Desktop program. I used a piece of pine, used a small ball cutter and used a roughing cut and then a finish cut toolpaths it left some places sticking up that were not cut in about 3-4 places. I thought maybe because I used the CNCShark post path instead of the one listed on the paper with the software that, that could have been the problem, but then I did it again using Red Oak and the correct post path and it still left some places uncut. I am planning on doing inlays and 3D cutting on some cutting boards and I need to be sure that the machine and software will cut accurately and properly before I do it? Can anyone help me out with some ideas why it does not cut all the material away as it shows in the preview?

Bob

Re: not removing all material in 3D cut.

Post by Bob »

Would you be willing to post a picture of your project?
It would help a lot.
Thanks,
Bob
"Focus"
Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek (Developer of the microscope.)

studio-n

Post by studio-n »

what bit size are you using? That may make a difference if it is too large to get into where the pieces are left.
I don't remember if VC gives a simulation like Aspire does but that might answer the question about a bit not fitting.
"Out of my mind.....back in 5 minutes"
Rockler 60th Anniversary CNC Shark
w/digital probe, and 4th axis attachment.
ULS M300 Laser Engraver 50 Watt
Aspire and Corel Draw
NextEngine 2020i 3D scanner

sharkcutup

Post by sharkcutup »

I tend to agree with studio-n --- I have run into the same situation that you are having and in my case it was definitely a router bit that was to large for the areas that had left material behind. Of course in my situation I was able to run another toolpath to cleanup what was left behind.

Hope you get the answer you need! :)

Have a GREAT DAY!!! :D

Be SAFE around those AWESOME machines!!! ;)
V-Carve Pro Tips, Gadget Tips & Videos
YouTube Channel - Sharkcutup CNC
V-Carve Pro 11.554