Just shuts down.

Discussion about the CNC Shark Pro Plus HD

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

CharlieT

Just shuts down.

Post by CharlieT »

I have been running my machine for 4 years come next month. All problems have been handled easily. I am stumped on this one. During a run the machine will just shut down...no lights and everything stops. If I tap the front of the controller the lights come back on. I have to wait a minute or two and then if I select estop the software will respond. I can return to zero, dead on but I have to restart the project. I disconnected the controller, checked every connection in it. Snugged all screw type connections. Looked for any discoloration and loose solder joints. Everything looked good so I reinstalled it....same thing. I changed power source just in case that was the problem..same thing. I ran an 18ga wire from the controller to a grounded conduit run...same problem( this was in case of static build up). I would pull my hair out if I had any. I retired from the electronics field and I even tried the three beer theory. This one has got me.
I do understand it could very well be a defective component and possible heat related. Replacing the board is the last resort.

gordread

Re: Just shuts down.

Post by gordread »

Any possibility the controller is overheating?

CharlieT

Post by CharlieT »

Power supply....all is good

rocky53204

Post by rocky53204 »

Thermal intermittents are the hardest to localize... suggest you route air from a household fan at different parts of the machine to see if it stops the issue.
If so, replace that part. As you no doubt know capacitors sometimes fail over time. Heat expansion and contraction can move leads and are not always easily detectable. Best of good luck to you in your efforts.