how to join vectors

Discussion about the CNC Shark Pro Plus HD

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

gpeck

how to join vectors

Post by gpeck »

I do not know how I did it, but in join vectors the tolerance window shows 99.000 in it and I can not get rid of it.. I have tried to highlit the 99.0 and put .004 in it, but when I click join open vectors the 99.00 is in the window and the join will not highlite. Help and thanks

Kayvon

Re: how to join vectors

Post by Kayvon »

Does it do that with every file or just one? If it's just one, would you mind uploading it? (Or, possibly deleting almost everything from the project and then uploading it.)

sharkcutup

Post by sharkcutup »

Have you tried reloading the Vectric Software (V-CARVE/ASPIRE)? The reloading will reset the tolerance back to .004"

*** Note: if you have already set-up your Post Processor and your Tool DATAbase be sure to go backup those files first or else you will have to re-do it all again!!! I know because I had some problems early on in my set-up process and I had my ToolDATA base all setup with all my router bits and had to re-create it after I had reloaded my Vectric V-Carve Pro software. I mentioned the Post Processor above too because it is something you usually set once and forget plus it is always good to have another copy of the Post Processor (Just In Case!!!) These folders/files are located in the 'Open Application Data Folder' under the file menu in your Vectric Software Program.

Of course then if you are not in any hurry then you can wait to see if someone else has come across how to reset the tolerance without having to reload the software as mentioned above. I myself have not found a way of resetting the tolerance as of yet and I have never had a need or situatuion to change it from .004 as of yet either.

Good Luck and Have a GREAT DAY!!! :D

Be SAFE around those AWESOME machines!!! ;)

Sharkcutup
V-Carve Pro Tips, Gadget Tips & Videos
YouTube Channel - Sharkcutup CNC
V-Carve Pro 11.554

BrianM

Post by BrianM »

Hi,

You can't save the changed value because it is only saved when a successful 'join' occurs. On reflection this is not ideal and we will change this for future versions.

In the meantime, a simple way to change the value is to ..

1) draw a box,
2) go into node edit mode (select the box you have just drawn and press 'N')
3) 'cut' the vector by right clicking a node and selecting 'Cut Vector' from the popup menu - you will now have an open vector we can join with any tolerance value
4) With the box still selected open the 'Join Vectors' form

The form should now show that you have 1 open selected vector and most importantly, would have 1 closed vector after joining and the 'Join' button will be available.

5) Enter the tolerance you want to use from now on and press join and that value will be saved as the default.

Brian