Spindle vs Router?

Discussion about the CNC Shark Pro Plus HD

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

MDHunt

Re: Spindle vs Router?

Post by MDHunt »

Rando wrote:Three set screws? Your spindle motor rotating parts should look like this:
4-17-2017 9-05-14 PM.jpg
You remove the collet nut and collet insert from the rotating part of the spindle. The threads specified on the Musclechuck must match those on the end, as shown in the picture. All you do is put the collet nut and collet insert away in a drawer, and screw the musclechuck onto those threads. Tighten, period, you're done. If you are thinking it's more than that, um, well, you're overthinking it.

There might be three set screws on the bottom face, but no, you only remove those to service the bearings. The ONLY things you should need to remove for the musclechuck are the collet nut and collet insert, unless the business-end of your spindle is one heck of a lot different than any spindle I've come across! I suppose I'll let you post a photo to show what you mean...

Thom
I was DEFINITELY overthinking it. I figured there had to be something else to it, because I ordered the 6B versus the 6A and of course the threading is different!
Thanks for the pic, I am a visual learner and it helped tremendously.
Have a great day!
MD

Rando

Re: Spindle vs Router?

Post by Rando »

MDHunt wrote: I was DEFINITELY overthinking it. I figured there had to be something else to it, because I ordered the 6B versus the 6A and of course the threading is different!
Thanks for the pic, I am a visual learner and it helped tremendously.
Have a great day!
MD
Very good then. Glad we got that cleared up...hopefully the right one will show up soon.

Regards,

Thom
=====================================================
ThomR.com Creative tools and photographic art
A proud member of the Pacific Northwest CNC Club (now on Facebook)