X,Y axes switch?

Discussion about the CNC Shark Pro Plus HD

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

MDHunt

X,Y axes switch?

Post by MDHunt »

After setting up my machine HD4 w/extended bed, I realized that the X axis is the 'short' side of the extended bed and the Y axis is the 'long' side. This makes it interesting when making a sign that is supposed to be 36" in the X and 12" in the Y.
Am I missing something on the vectric software or can I switch the X,Y control heads? Has anyone else run into this problem or am I the lone ranger here?
Thanks
MD

sharkcutup

Re: X,Y axes switch?

Post by sharkcutup »

It is Interesting that you bring that million and one question to lite!!!

Just do a topic search x, y axis swap and see what you find! There you will also find some instructions on how to properly exchange/swap the x and y axis.

Or you could look at this one http://www.cncsharktalk.com/viewtopic.p ... wap#p24144

In my case I just group Vectors, rotate Vectors, re-create new board size so that Vectors fit correctly and then do a recalc of the Tool paths to verify they all run correctly in V-carve or Aspire once I have everything (vectors, toolpaths, etc...) in satisfactory condition then save tool paths to run on my CNC Shark HD3 Extended Bed. I have done it this way cause my system was at that time under warranty and I did not want to cause any un-necessary damage to my CNC. And now that I have been doing it this way for sometime there really is no need to change the x and y axis on the CNC.

Good Luck!!!

Have a GREAT DAY!!! :D

Be SAFE around those AWESOME machines!!! ;)

Sharkcutup
V-Carve Pro Tips, Gadget Tips & Videos
YouTube Channel - Sharkcutup CNC
V-Carve Pro 11.554

MDHunt

Re: X,Y axes switch?

Post by MDHunt »

Gotcha, thanks for the help.
sharkcutup wrote:It is Interesting that you bring that million and one question to lite!!!

Just do a topic search x, y axis swap and see what you find! There you will also find some instructions on how to properly exchange/swap the x and y axis.

Or you could look at this one http://www.cncsharktalk.com/viewtopic.p ... wap#p24144

In my case I just group Vectors, rotate Vectors, re-create new board size so that Vectors fit correctly and then do a recalc of the Tool paths to verify they all run correctly in V-carve or Aspire once I have everything (vectors, toolpaths, etc...) in satisfactory condition then save tool paths to run on my CNC Shark HD3 Extended Bed. I have done it this way cause my system was at that time under warranty and I did not want to cause any un-necessary damage to my CNC. And now that I have been doing it this way for sometime there really is no need to change the x and y axis on the CNC.

Good Luck!!!

Have a GREAT DAY!!! :D

Be SAFE around those AWESOME machines!!! ;)

Sharkcutup