LCD pendant hd4 survey

Discussion about the CNC Shark Pro Plus HD

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

majorbdk

LCD pendant hd4 survey

Post by majorbdk »

Hi all,
I've seen some comments about HD4 and the pendant. I heard that you couldn't use the computer and had to use the Pendant to run the HD4. Can someone comment about their experience with the pendant?

I own one of the early HDs but I'm considering upgrading to a long bed.

Brian

SteveM

Re: LCD pendant hd4 survey

Post by SteveM »

When I had my HD4, I was told by tech support that running the machine with the pendant is how they want it to be used. Some have used a pc, but Next Wave says to use the pendant.

Dan S

Re: LCD pendant hd4 survey

Post by Dan S »

Hi All,
I have the HD4 with the Pendant. I also own the Shark Pro, very early version, I used the computer 1.6 and worked fine for me. For me the Pendant is not very user friendly. It requires you to copy g-code files to a USB then plug into the Pendant. Every time you make a change its back to the computer download new file and then back to the Pendant. It also has a limit to size of file names (8 digits), so easy to confuse unless you do 1 or 2 at a time. The pendant also requires you to find X Y zero in right or left, away or near, NO diagonal option. Z up, Z down, requires enter decimal number each move then back to zero and clear and then try again, very time consuming when finding zero. I cannot believe by buying the HD4 I went backwards but that seems to be the case. When using the computer they have no speed adjustment when running the g-code file. I have found on my unit that the X drive shaft wobbles as it moves, and so far the only reply I have from New Wave is that it's a possible optical illusion on my part. To say I am unhappy is to say the very least. The is HD4 is not as ridged as I had hoped and was told it would be. Sorry for being such a downer but if I would have known all this I would pursue a different make.
Dan S.