X and Y are out of square

Discussion about the CNC Shark Pro Plus HD

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

gpeck

X and Y are out of square

Post by gpeck »

I have a black diamond that the X and Y are out of square. can not cut two sided 3Ds to match. Is there an adjustment to correct this ???

Rando

Re: X and Y are out of square

Post by Rando »

GPeck:

I'm curious how that's even possible that they'd be truly out of square. That would imply some ever-growing offset in one axis as you move along the other. Does it create parallel lines but they're not square across the length of the bed? The matching end-points of those lines, though, DO line up in a straight line along the length of the bed, right?

Can you give some information that led you to that conclusion? Apologies, I'm not trying to challenge, just understand what you're seeing.

The only way I can think that might seem true that they be out-of-square is if the two sides of the gantry aren't in the same place, and the gantry is effectively skewed. That might be fixed by loosening the bolts holding the gantry to the slide bearings, setting it square and re-tightening the bolts. I could see how that might happen if it had some physical shock, say in shipping or similar. Hopefully it doesn't require completely removing the bed.

Thanks...

Thom
=====================================================
ThomR.com Creative tools and photographic art
A proud member of the Pacific Northwest CNC Club (now on Facebook)