Update to CP 2.1 - Virtual Zero Disappeared!

Discussion about the CNC Shark Pro Plus HD

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Jim@HeirloomTable

Update to CP 2.1 - Virtual Zero Disappeared!

Post by Jim@HeirloomTable »

OK, thought just letting the machine rest on Sunday might cure the problem, but no . . .
Upgraded to CP 2.1 Saturday, and noticed immediately that the Virtual Zero button was gone. Tried again today, looked at the Registration Tab to make sure the Touch Plate is registered (it is), have restarted the machine and the Shark CP several times, but all I have is the option for a single point zero when I load code, and hit the "Detect Touch Plate" button.
What's going on? Thanks - and, right before Christmas with customer and honey-do jobs to run . . .
Jim
Jim Creighton, Partner
Heirloom Table Home, Hopkinsville, KY

TAW

Re: Update to CP 2.1 - Virtual Zero Disappeared!

Post by TAW »

mine did same thing- I looked at registration info- looked like it tried to update or something because the info boxes still need to verify an email address- (must of had my tether hot spot left on my phone otherwise no internet connection) once I added the email address I closed everything and started back up and the 5 point touch off for VZ was back.

Jim@HeirloomTable

No solution yet, got an email with iffy instructions on registering my stuff - wonder why in the world they make registrations expire on their upgrade? Tried the submission of data again, got the server reply "no registration returned - call Tech Support" Did that, made it to hold for a couple minutes, then the nice voice mail lady told me to leave a message and hung up.
I'm getting pretty cranky - considering doing a full uninstall of Shark and hope the re-installation gets it fixed.
Driving this CNC is the only thing this computer does, and right now it's useless. Sorry for the rant, guys, just don't have time for this! Jim
Jim Creighton, Partner

Jim@HeirloomTable

Finally resolved!
Got several emails from Tech Support, but unable to make the online registration work. Fellow had me pull the file locally and send it to him, he then returned three separate registration codes (CNC, Control Panel, and Touch Plate). Once I put them all in, Virtual Zero was back.
I asked why this happened, what's the validity time on these codes - if I get answers to that I'll post here.
Jim Creighton, Partner

Jim@HeirloomTable

apparently the Registration Codes expire with version changes! Seems like the developers could have written a "Hot Swap" routine into the code that would take the old codes, get new ones and install them. Imagine how many Tech Support and Annoyed Customer hours could be saved!
So, note to self: Don't ever install a Version Update on Saturday if you want to use your machine that weekend!
Jim
Jim Creighton, Partner

tonydude

Post by tonydude »

I haven't updated in years. If it works I keep it. Been doing this for 6 yrs now with the original shark the white one. Never had a problem and still using windows vista.

Tony
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.