Newbie issues

Discussion about the CNC Shark Pro Plus HD

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

madriano

Newbie issues

Post by madriano »

I am new to CNC so pardon my ignorance....
I purchased the Shark HD4 and have some single toolpath designs and everything went fine. Where I have an issue is when I carve a pattern with multiple toolpaths, the first toolpath works just fine but when I swap out the bit for the send and subsequent toolpaths the system doesn't keep the same X0 Y0, which means the toolpath is in the wrong place. I ensured that the XY Datum is in the same location for both tool paths and that Z0 is also at the same location.

Any thoughts or assistance?
Thanks,
Mike

Kayvon

Re: Newbie issues

Post by Kayvon »

Are the toolpaths all coming from the same VCarve/Aspire project file? That should help make sure they're aligned. Make sure you return to X0/Y0/Z0 before you load the new toolpath in the Shark Control Panel.

If you're already doing those, maybe you could upload the project file for us to see?

madriano

Post by madriano »

Thanks for the response. I am using the toolpaths for the Paradise Box. The first vcarve with the 60 degree bit works great, then when I switch bits to run the outer parameter vector with the 90 degree bit, it is all off.

Mike

SteveM

Post by SteveM »

Did you save all the tool path's for the shark gcode before you ran your files?
If so, the only thing to do when switching bits is to zero out the Z height.
It should start cutting the other tool path correctly if you saved the tool paths for the shark.

Devlin

Post by Devlin »

As an add on to this question... when changing bits is it easy to upset and move the head out of position or does it stay put while turning wrenches.

madriano

Post by madriano »

Thanks for everyone's insight, I had to travel for work so I didn't have a chance to test these. What I found it that if I have the pendant and the computer pugged into the control unit, I received (at times) improper tool paths. I disconnected the computer and use the pendant, all is working well thus far.

Thanks,
Mike