Shark Pro Plus HD Maintenance

Discussion about the CNC Shark Pro Plus HD

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

sharkcutup

Shark Pro Plus HD Maintenance

Post by sharkcutup »

After just a little over two years and only the Good Lord knows how many CNC Projects have been run on my machine It was time to re-surface the MDF spoilboard!!!
20180411_113327.jpg
So I setup my machine along with a dust boot (which I do not normally use cause MDF creates a lot of fine dust). Then created a .crv file in VCarve to re-surface the spoilboard.
Here is what the spoilboard looked like after the CNC machine re-surfaced the spoilboard. Removed .1" from spoilboard surface using a 1.25" diameter mortising router bit.
20180411_130817.jpg
I then cleaned everything to get any MDF dust off of CNC mechanics and gave the it a good lube!!!

Note: not sure why the photos are upside down here but they do come up correctly when clicked on --- strange!!!!

Sharkcutup
Let Those Chips Fly!!!
V-Carve Pro Tips, Gadget Tips & Videos
YouTube Channel - Sharkcutup CNC
V-Carve Pro 11.554

bill z

Re: Shark Pro Plus HD Maintenance

Post by bill z »

Yes, a good surfacing now and again helps in many ways. Yes it helps to create a flat surface again. If you use a large end mill, something like a 1 inch, it will show if your router or the z axis is out of adjustment. That is what I did and WOW did it need adjusting.

Yes, MDF is cheap enough to just replace but a saved buck always comes in handy.

acebetter

Re: Shark Pro Plus HD Maintenance

Post by acebetter »

I have cut an MDF spoilboard, used Rockler's 26099 t-slot bit to cut clamping slots (that bit worked really well). I mounted the board with 1/4-20 3/4" hex bolts. I made the board basically using this video as a guide https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyt8zOJUQJ4.

Now that I have it mounted I need to surface it. I am not sure what specs to use to create the tool in VCarve database. I plan on using Whiteside's 6220 sufacing bit for 1/32" depth of cut. Can someone help me with the tools specs?
thanx