z-axis height control wacky

Discussion about the CNC Shark Pro Plus HD

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

dhagen

z-axis height control wacky

Post by dhagen »

I am trying to cut a 3D model. It is an eagle above two cross baseball bats. My z-axis is starts cutting correctly, then starts cutting too deep, then starts cutting too high. I have vissually checked the gcode and it is correct usng a gcode visualizer application.

I checked the ground to the z stepper motor and it is good. I am using a Shark HD Mako special edition. One section it starts cutting down instead of up. Then another section it started cutting too high. I can’t figure out what is going on. Just a week ago I carved a similiar model and it worked just fine. The z-axis is not working at all correctly, at time it is cutting too low, almost the negative shape of what it was suspose cut, then it. starts cutting way too high.

sharkcutup

Re: z-axis height control wacky

Post by sharkcutup »

Would it be possible for you to post your .crv file (the creation/design file) here for us to analyze? If not, then we would be just a guessing as to your suspected problem. By having access to the .crv file it would be a lot quicker in finding and solving your problem.

Let Those Chips Fly!!!

Sharkcutup
V-Carve Pro Tips, Gadget Tips & Videos
YouTube Channel - Sharkcutup CNC
V-Carve Pro 11.554

bill z

Re: z-axis height control wacky

Post by bill z »

I've seen this happen with a bad ground, but since you said you checked it, then OK. How about dirty or sticky guides or screw thing on the Z axis? Oiling isn't good if you don't clean off the old oil and dust first.