HD4 maintenance question

Discussion about the CNC Shark Pro Plus HD

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

tankerzuke

HD4 maintenance question

Post by tankerzuke »

Hello! I have looked in several places and sites for an answer to a couple questions I have and hope someone here could help me out. I have Boeshield T-9 lubricant but don't know if it's a "dry" lubricant to use on my shark. Is this something I can use or do I need something different? How do I tell if whatever I'm looking at is a "dry" lubricant? My second question is, is there a good diagram out there of just what I need to be lubricating on my HD4 and or what I should be doing as far as routine regular maintenance?

I want to make the machine last as long as possible. Any advice or direction would be most greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Zuke

gordread

Re: HD4 maintenance question

Post by gordread »

Hey welcome to the group.

The can should say 'dry' or 'powder' on it somewhere. I've found most (maybe all) silicone lubricants are 'dry' meaning that once the carrier evaporates there is no sticky residue left. If you are concerned, then just take a piece of scrap and spray it with your lubricant. After about 2 - 3 minutes the liquid carrier should have evaporated and the piece should be dry, slippery, but dry.

Gordon

tonydude

Re: HD4 maintenance question

Post by tonydude »

This is what they recommand from their site. http://shop.nextwaveautomation.com/shop ... ?itemid=40

Tony
Attachments
spray.jpg
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.