X and Y Axis

Discussion about the CNC Shark Pro Plus HD

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

JMOlshefski

X and Y Axis

Post by JMOlshefski »

I have the HD CNC the table is 16 by 36, is there a way in the software to flip the x/y axis, in the software the x is the long part of the design but on my machine it is the narrow part of the table (16 inch)?

Thanks

Kayvon

Re: X and Y Axis

Post by Kayvon »

Two options:

1) You can change the dimensions in software so that X is 16" and Y is 36". This is what I do. It may require rotating your design to fit in the corrected dimensions.

2) If you can't wrap your head around the X/Y of the machine, you can swap the X and Y stepper motor cables. Turn off power to everything first and simply swap the cables.

JMOlshefski

Post by JMOlshefski »

So I changed the X/Y cable and the orientation is going the way I want but it carves letters in reverse? See attachment
Attachments
20190227_161427_resized (1).jpg

Kayvon

Post by Kayvon »

Looks like one of the axes is reversed from the other. I think the control panel has a setting to reverse that, but I don't remember how to access the setting. It's nothing I've ever messed with. Maybe someone else can chime in?

Snowman

Post by Snowman »

I have read in this forum if you want to change the X and Y Axis movement on the Shark HD4 Extended your need to reverse the x and Y cables on the controller and open the NW Control Panel to change related settings by press CTRL+E or CTRL+G depending on which version of the Control Panel you are using. I'm running the most recent version of the Control Panel Ver. 3.02 and neither of these will control key sequences work. Is there a different control key sequence for the new Control Panel software that will allow me to access the settings??? Any assistance you could provide will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance for your help.

jeroro011

Post by jeroro011 »

JMOlshefski wrote:I have the HD CNC the table is 16 by 36, is there a comparateur assurance chat way in the software to flip the x/y axis, in the software the x is the long part of the design but on my machine it is the narrow part of the table (16 inch)?

Thanks
This is a good article because there are many tips and also many advices that will be very useful for me.
Thanks!

nicksilva

Post by nicksilva »

simply rotate your design before creating the toolpaths. No need to mess around with cables.

sharkcutup

Post by sharkcutup »

simply rotate your design before creating the toolpaths. No need to mess around with cables.
I second the above suggestion!

Sharkcutup
V-Carve Pro Tips, Gadget Tips & Videos
YouTube Channel - Sharkcutup CNC
V-Carve Pro 11.554

Kayvon

Post by Kayvon »

That's great, but it won't solve his problem. One of the axes is flipped, so he would need to keep track of which axis and flip it before cutting. Then if he ever wanted to rotate anything, he'd need to unflip, rotate, then reflip, all without making mistakes.

The real answer is to make sure the motors are connected correctly OR to reverse the axis in the control panel software.

sharkcutup

Post by sharkcutup »

Oh yes rotating design before creating toolpaths Would solve his Problem IF he had left the cables alone in the first place!!!

Sharkcutup
V-Carve Pro Tips, Gadget Tips & Videos
YouTube Channel - Sharkcutup CNC
V-Carve Pro 11.554