New to Me Shark Pro Plus HD

Discussion about the CNC Shark Pro Plus HD

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

gdon_2003

New to Me Shark Pro Plus HD

Post by gdon_2003 »

I bought a used Shark Pro Plus HD and have been setting up for about 2 weeks. I cleaned up the machine and replaced the router and got a billet router mount from Dixie Billet. The original router was a Bosch but sounded terrible. The previous owner had smeared caulk or some type of adhesive all over the router mount to keep it from moving. I think they had not loosened the front bolts that secure the dust boot before tightening the motor mount on the router. I put witness marks on the router to see if my new router and mount was slipping. So far after a couple of projects the motor is just where I installed it. I also did the back plate upgrade. I bought a used (refurbished) Dell Optiplex 745 and 2 19" monitors with keyboard and mouse from Ebay. I went to the Habit for Humanity Restore in Macgodoches Texas and bought a kiosk to put the computer and monitors on. I also bought a monitor stand from Amazon to hand the monitors on. The right one can be rotated and with a wireless mouse I can job the router to the home position with my head close to the router bit to see it.

I have cut a few small projects I downloaded from the internet and the pictures are attached.

So far so good I am enjoying learning something new and stretching my mind a little.
Computer, Stand, Monitors and Shark Pro Plus HD
Computer, Stand, Monitors and Shark Pro Plus HD
Vetric Dual Candy Disk Lids
Vetric Dual Candy Disk Lids
Guy Donham

gdon_2003

Re: New to Me Shark Pro Plus HD

Post by gdon_2003 »

I am on a few forums like
Router Forums
Sawmill Creek
Lumber Jocks
Thunderbird Nest
XDA Developers
etc.

This Forum has the least amount of participation by the members of any forum I log into. I wonder why I bother to post here when no one answers anyones questions or comments.

Most forums are about the exchange of information and ideas.

What do you have to say to that CNC Shark Forum!

Anybody there (Cricket Chirps)

I see good questions unanswered and/or uncommented on. This place is a dead as a door nail.

What does "Dead as a Door Nail" mean. In the old days cut nails were very hard to come by. Every nail was pulled and saved except the ones that were driven into a door and bent over to keep it in place. Once a Door Nail is straightened and pulled out it usually cannot be driven in again. That is "Dead as a Door Nail" and that is what seems to be the participation of this forums members.

Oh Yea I said it, what comments do you have. Can this start a conservation.
Guy Donham

OCEdesigns

Post by OCEdesigns »

LOL
I saw this post on the Router Forums forum also. And yeah this one for some reason gets VERY little traffic. It's sad because there are a few really knowledgeable people here. But I typically stick to Router Forums. A lot more traffic there.
Shark HD4 Extended Bed, Water Cooled Spindle. VCarve Pro 10.5
Maker of many chips

gdon_2003

Post by gdon_2003 »

Thanks for your comments. After 53 views and only 1 comment validates my comments about the low participation on this forum.
Guy Donham

OCEdesigns

Post by OCEdesigns »

gdon_2003 wrote:Thanks for your comments. After 53 views and only 1 comment validates my comments about the low participation on this forum.

Yup!! I try to get here as often as I can but I'm still a Newbie so I can't offer much help sometimes.
Shark HD4 Extended Bed, Water Cooled Spindle. VCarve Pro 10.5
Maker of many chips