Where to find discontinued bits

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

TomJ

Where to find discontinued bits

Post by TomJ »

Hello - I would appreciate anyone's help or ideas.

Rockler no longer stocks the following Click n Carve bits.

0.25mm Conical Ball Bit for Click N Carve

Tungsten Ball Nose Bit for Click-N-Carve, 0.25mm Radius

I have searched high and low on the internet with no luck. If anyone knows where I might find these or something similar (.25mm radius) I would appreciate it.

Thank you.

Consultingwoodworker

Re: Where to find discontinued bits

Post by Consultingwoodworker »

Not sure if the shanks are special or not, but Amana now sells these "pencil point" bits as does a company called "think & tinker". They come in various sizes, obviously the smaller the ball end, the better the possible carving detail but also longer program runs.

Ralph

Danwood

Re: Where to find discontinued bits

Post by Danwood »

Be ware of discounted bits. they often are made of low grade carbide and are not accurately ground. Sharpness can also be a problem. I don;t know what the special configuration is of the bits you are asking about.
If you want ball nose bits Look at WWW.cuttingtoolsource.com
I have been using their bits for four years now. they cater to the metal cutting industry. Their bits are top quality carbide and they are sharp.
They have ball nose end mills the range from 1/32 d. to 3/4 d and from 1.5 long to 6.0 long.
They also have a series of tapered ballnose bits that I use for fancy carving. They have a long cutting surface. I can carve up to 1 inch deep in one pass once the initial cut is made. No roughing required.
Dan