y axis reset

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Lonnie

y axis reset

Post by Lonnie »

Has any one had the problem of the Y axis reseting to 0 during a job. My pro plus is moving y0 from 4 to 9 inches during some operations.

Consultingwoodworker

Re: y axis reset

Post by Consultingwoodworker »

Is it actually resetting the Y readout on the control panel, or is it thinking Y is in one place when Y is somewhere else?

Resetting the Y number would indicate a software glitch or possibly a loose wire or something.

Losing track of the actual Y position would indicate a binding issue or loose drive screw.

Ralph

Lonnie

Post by Lonnie »

It just did it to me again. When it finished the g file and was returning to home it returned on the y axis over 4 inches off the correct location. Yesterday i was running a profile in a y axis raster and in the middle of the program the y axis jumped by a positive number of about 9 inches. The control screen stated the home was correct but the y axis was off 9 inches.

Consultingwoodworker

Post by Consultingwoodworker »

If it moved 9 inches during a program run, then it is likely getting or missing a signal.

Check all your wires, especially the Y axis plug. Make sure nothing is loose. Also, be sure that the USB cable is not crossing or touching any of the power cords, that can send errant signals.

Ralph

Lonnie

Post by Lonnie »

Thanks, i will check all of these and let you know. Hope this works.