Trial help

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

SwampTiger29

Trial help

Post by SwampTiger29 »

Trying the vcarve pro trial software and the images aren't working out to say the least any advice thanks.

jimily

Re: Trial help

Post by jimily »

Hmm, what does that mean, not working? There is some thing with the trial, like not being able to do something like saving or something but I can't remember what that is. Perhaps this is what you are experiencing, the limitation of the trial version?

Here is what Vectric says about their trials and limitaions from http://support.vectric.com/aspire-quest ... imitations :
"
The Trial Versions will let you use all functions within the software with the exception of saving the toolpaths and performing some Export functions.

There are a collection of special "trial version specific" files made available for each program that are setup so you can save the toolpaths from them and verify compatibility with your CNC machine by actually machining the samples.

PhotoVCarve restricts the toolpath output by applying a watermark to all images.
"

Vcarve is really good actually. I came from the IT industry and have seen plenty of junk software, Vcarve is pretty decent and does a bunch of things for you.

Good luck!
Jim
It is easier to destroy than it is to create, just look at my scrap pile.

2014 Shark Pro Plus HD
Bosch EVS1617 w/ PrecisionBits Collets
Dixie Billet Aluminum Router Clamp Upgrade
Vcarve 8.0, Inkscape on Windows 8; CP 2.1 on WinXP

SwampTiger29

Post by SwampTiger29 »

Thank you I got on YouTube and found some videos to help. I appreciate the like, I am such a new and this is a rough program for someone who isn't a engineer I think. Anything worth doing is worth taking time doing it.

jimily

Post by jimily »

Yes yes neither am I an engineer. Yeah just play around with it. Make some circles and squares and text and just mess with it. Don't try to learn how to do something while under the pressure of actually producing it, play with something useless and butcher it again and again until you get it and then apply that to your real project for reals--ps it'll only take a couple of times of flubbing and a video. Vectric and Youtube will do just fine to get you going.

Also if the trial version allows you to open crv files there's a bunch peeps have uploaded and you can see finished toolpaths for all kinds of things and you can butcher those. Just close them without saving and you can go at them again and again.

How do you get to Broadway? Practice.

Have fun!
Jim
It is easier to destroy than it is to create, just look at my scrap pile.

2014 Shark Pro Plus HD
Bosch EVS1617 w/ PrecisionBits Collets
Dixie Billet Aluminum Router Clamp Upgrade
Vcarve 8.0, Inkscape on Windows 8; CP 2.1 on WinXP

tonydude

Post by tonydude »

Look at the training tutorials http://support.vectric.com/tutorials/V8 ... Index.html lot of help there. I started 4 yrs ago with no training and these tutorials are great to get started . I still go back and learn from them . I use aspire now for about a yr and always learning something new.

Tony
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.

SwampTiger29

Post by SwampTiger29 »

Thank you its a brain burner if you are just starting.