Buying cast acrylic?

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

PB2U2

Buying cast acrylic?

Post by PB2U2 »

Please share the names of companies you've used, and are happy with, for your purchase of cast acrylic. I believe that is what most use with LED edge lighted engraved/machined signs. Where do you get the stuff? Thanks-Andy

Keith Hodges

Re: Buying cast acrylic?

Post by Keith Hodges »

I buy mine from a local supplier, thus eliminating shipping costs and times, plus it's actually cheaper to start with. But, several on this forumn, myself included at first, buy from estreetplastic.com. Good prices and shipping times. Never had a damaged piece from shipping. Check for any local suppliers in your area, you might be surprised.
Being retired is hard work. Spending way too much time in the shop these days. (And loving it).
Shark Pro Plus HD, Vcarve Pro, Photo V Carve, Cut 3D, scan probe.

NewAgent45

Re: Buying cast acrylic?

Post by NewAgent45 »

McMaster-Carr: http://www.mcmaster.com/#

They stock a lot of colors as well as clear in a lot of size options and fast delivery. They are a large industrial supplier and have competitive pricing. They do offer small quantity orders on a lot of items but because of the shipping charge it is better to bundle items into one order.

I have purchased from Amazon or eBay with colors that McMaster-Carr don't carry.

.... Rod