Control Box Trouble

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Dash

Control Box Trouble

Post by Dash »

Been working on some simple pocket cuts. Yesterday everything was fine. This morning i set my machine to 0,0,0 started cutting and noticed the start cut was deeper. Em stopped and reset to 0. Machine stopped and .5 above material. hit 0,0,0 again and the bit buried about .13 into my stock. Soft pine so no real damage. Reset to 0 and made corrections and same result...4 times.... Turned off and unhooked machine, started over.... Same result... Any ideas? All points to control box........

meb

Re: Control Box Trouble

Post by meb »

Have you updated the control software, if so it might be that the update is not compatible with your system. Hopefully you save updates so you can revert to the old control panel you were using before you had the problem.
Make sure you used the correct post processor when you saved your file.
Mechanically I would check the set screws on the connector between the stepper motor and drive screw for your z axis. Check your router clamp to make sure it is tight around the router and also check to make sure it is not cracked and needs replaced. Check your router collet to make sure it is not slipping or broken, clean it if it is dirty.