laser attachment for shark machines.

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

tonydude

laser attachment for shark machines.

Post by tonydude »

Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.

NewAgent45

Re: laser attachment for shark machines.

Post by NewAgent45 »

Tony,

Thanks for posting this! I was not aware of this Rockler 3rd party laser accessory. I have been looking at laser options. Are you aware that NWA is planning to release a laser accessory? Follow my link to a string of posts regarding the laser accessory.
http://www.cncsharktalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4615

According to the post by meb Oct. 30, 2015 NWA’s laser accessory will have an interface that connects to the auxiliary port on the controller and be bundled with controller firmware and a post processor. The information indicates you would able modulate the laser power from the software.

Happy New Year all!

…. Rod

Eagle55

Post by Eagle55 »

Personally I haven't follow some of the newer releases, but if they are anything like they have been in the past, I wouldn't believe what they estimate there release date to be till I hear of people ordering them and actually receiving them. Not to bad mouth NWA but they are known for selling an idea long before it is ready to ship. I have seen a few things and I am sure they will have a way to either convert the shark or modify it, but I wouldn't start preselling next years Christmas gifts just yet. (Btw, please, no one punch at me for these comments, just go back and look for yourself. It might be out next week, but like I say I would want to see them shipping and in use before I ordered one.)

Roger
CNC Shark HD ~ Control Panel 2.0 ~ Windows 7 & XP
Located in West Tennessee near the Tennessee River
http://www.eaglecarver4.com

NewAgent45

Post by NewAgent45 »

Roger,

I hear you! I won't hold my breath.

I have been looking at 3rd party options. None that I know of fully integrate laser control with the controller and software. This would be required for the projects I want to do.

Happy New Year!

... Rod

Eagle55

Post by Eagle55 »

Yeah Rod,
That is the problem and from what I am hearing most of the control is either on or off. Maybe be able to set the intensity with the spindle speed but once it is set that's the only setting and it is on the whole time. I really haven't pursued it because I have to much to do and don't have time to be on the cutting edge at the moment. I don't know if NWA has been planning the laser long enough to be backward compatible with the original HD model. If not, I probably wouldn't be on board with the laser for a while.

Roger
CNC Shark HD ~ Control Panel 2.0 ~ Windows 7 & XP
Located in West Tennessee near the Tennessee River
http://www.eaglecarver4.com